SPE Member Show Intimacy and Voyeurism: The Public/Private Divide in Photography
SPE & RayKo / Deadline: 01/16/12
This competition is open to artists holding current membership in Society for Photographic Education (SPE) and is organized in conjunction with SPE's 49th national conference, Intimacy and Voyeurism: The Public/Private Divide in Photography, March 22-25, 2012 in San Francisco, California. The exhibition will be on view during the SPE national conference and feature an opening reception open to all attendees of the event. To join SPE or renew your membership visit www.spenational.org. The RayKo Gallery offers over 1600 square feet of exhibition space and presents eight to ten shows annually featuring nationally recognized artists.
RayKo Photo Center
428 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
$25/up to 3 images. $5/additional image up to 10 images in total
All work must be created by current SPE members and must be original. Works previously shown at RayKo are not eligible.
- All entries must be jpegs (8" longest side at 72dpi | RGB color space)
- Save files with artist's last name, first name and title of image
- Any work deemed misrepresented by its jpeg will be declined
- Online Submission: Go to www.raykophoto.com for login, payment, and submission information.
- Accepted artists will be invited to send or deliver actual work. All work must be framed or mounted with a wire affixed and ready to hang, no saw tooth hangers accepted. Entries are handled with great care; however, RayKo and SPE assume no liability for work on the premises. All selected works must be for sale. RayKo retains 40% commission on all photographs sold. Selected images may be used for promotion of the exhibition.
Best in Show: Complimentary 1 year membership in SPE and complimentary conference registration to SPE's 49th national conference in San Francisco.
Todd Hido is a San Francisco Bay Area-based artist whose work has been featured in Artforum, The New York Times Magazine, Eyemazing, Metropolis, The Face, I-D, and Vanity Fair. His photographs are in the permanent collections of the Whitney Museum of Art, the Guggenheim Museum, New York, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, and the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, as well as in many other public and private
collections. He has over a dozen published books, the latest monograph being A Road Divided, released in 2010.
Notification of juried results will be communicated by January 23, 2012
428 Third Street
San Francisco, CA 94107