Infinite Ideas Scholarship
Infinite Editions / Deadline: 10/02/11
Infinite Editions is presenting an opportunity to help a graduating BFA/MFA student better realize their artistic vision and conclude their academic journey with the finest quality production services available. We are awarding annually one $5,000 scholarship towards the production, at the Infinite Editions studio, of one BFA or MFA student's thesis exhibition for Fall 2011 or Spring 2012 semester.
The recipient will receive access to our fine art digital printmaking services and work in close collaboration with our team to produce a body of work specifically for their thesis exhibition.
Anywhere in the US
Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university in the US and preparing for their upcoming Fall 2011 or Spring 2012 semester thesis exhibition. Only graduate MFA and undergraduate BFA students are eligible.
Applicants must be planning on creating work that utilizes digital printing as a component. The scholarship recipient must be able to submit their final images to our studio no less than 30 days before their thesis opening for Fall 2011 or Spring 2012 semester.
Visit www.infinite-editions.com/about-scholarship for more information
Only one entry per applicant.
1. Fill out application form on the Infinite Editions website : Click to apply
2. Provide a short biography about yourself as an artist and about your plans for after graduation. (300 maximum)
3. Provide a proposal statement about the concepts and formal approaches to your thesis work. Describe the style of photography or art you plan on/or have created for your thesis. Include ideas about how you envision your final presentation to look and how your concept for your thesis relates to your presentation. (800 words maximum)
4. Submit one letter of recommendation from an academic reference. The letter must be submitted electronically and on your reference's letterhead. (.PDF or .DOC format)
5. Submit up to ten properly labeled JPEG images (combine the images either .ZIP or .PDF format ) Longest side at 800 pixels, 72dpi of their potential thesis work. Images do not have to be the final images included in the final presentation of your thesis work. Infinite Editions accepts works in progress, or work that is very similar to the type of photography that will be used in the final thesis presentation.
All files MUST be labeled as: FirstNameLastName_filename.pdf
Mailed submissions will not be accepted.
One scholarship recipient will receive the Infinite Editions: Infinite Ideas Scholarship - up to $5,000 worth of professional services from Infinite Editions. The scholarship recipient will be contacted via email.
Infinite Editions may also announce up to three honorable mention recipients.
Apply now at www.infinite-editions.com/apply-now/
Infinite Editions is excited to work in collaboration with creative minds seeking creating solutions.
Packaging and shipping costs for this scholarship are limited to $500.
Please email email@example.com for any questions regarding this scholarship.
Infinite Editions is particularly interesting in working with emerging artists who push the boundaries of photography and traditional image making. Risk-takers, not those interested in merely putting framed pictures on the wall, are more likely to be considered. Interesting, relevant and conceptually thoughtful work is encouraged. Submissions will be judged on conceptual and technical merit as well as clarity of submitted proposals in relation to the submitted imagery. A jury of professionals in the fine art industry will select the scholarship recipient.
Please view our projects page to view examples of the type of photography and installations we have produced in the past.
4965 Independence street
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033