Global Writing Project on Photography, Digital Art, Media theory
Transmedia is currently accepting applications for
Editorial Assistants will assist the editors in reviewing submissions, writing reviews, and working with authors submitting to Transmedia. This is a volunteer position.
* Good writing and communication skills in English (other languages are welcomed)
* High comfort level with the Internet and social networking
* Interest and knowledge in photography, digital art, or video and performing arts
* Works well in collaborative professional communities
* A self-starter, works well alone and in online-groups
* Shares in the Transmedia and VASA vision
* Fluent in other languages (besides English) is helpful but not required
Writing reviews of online exhibitions especially by artist in Asia, Central and South America and Africa
Editing and reviewing submissions
Reviewing comments and posts
Working with authors, reviewers, and critics
Working with the Transmedia editorial staff
Time requirement: 1-5 hours per week
Length of position: on-going
Deadline for application: until filled
Transmedia Global Writing Project publishes exhibition and book reviews on photography, digital arts, video, and performing arts. Transmedia will publish essays on media theory, history, criticism, and the visual arts in general.
The Transmedia vision is to provide a global virtual environment for the publishing and exchange of ideas, events, and critiques. By 2016 Transmedia aims at having contributors from every continent and every major city in the world.
Transmedia is a VASA program
Interested applicants should send an email to the editors addressing their interest in the Transmedia editorial position. Letters should be organized around the qualifications listed above. A current resume/vita should be attached. Email should also include contact information including Skype address and phone number with country code.
Send email application letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line should be Editorial Assistant and your name
For more information on VASA go to