Louisiana Purchase: National Biennial Juried Exhibition
Louisiana Tech University (LA Tech) / Deadline: 01/02/11
Louisiana Tech University (LA Tech) is accepting submissions for its first national juried competition, Louisiana Purchase: National Biennial Juried Exhibition. This is a multi-media show for 2-dimensional works (including video) exploring any theme.
Juror: Barbara Bloemink
Barbara Bloemink is currently an international independent curator and museum consultant. Previously the Curatorial Director of the Smithsonian's National Design Museum, Bloemink has served as director and chief curator of five art museums including the Guggenheim Hermitage Museum, the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, the Contemporary Art Center of Virginia, and the Hudson River Museum. She has organized over 60 museum exhibitions internationally including Florine Stettheimer: Manhattan Fantastica at the Whitney Museum of American Art. Additionally, she has written numerous books and has lectured and taught on international contemporary art and design. Bloemink received her B.A. in art history from Stanford University; an M.A. from the Institute of Fine Arts (NYU) and an additional M.A. and her Ph.D. from Yale University.
A non-refundable submission fee of $30 for up to 3 entries or $35 for 5 entries is required. Submission fees must be paid online at the time of entry.
Visit http://artlatech.slideroom.com to submit
Visit http://slideroom.zendesk.com for online image/video prep help
• All entries must be created by the artist(s) submitting the work within the past 5 years.
• Monetary values for each work must be given for insurance purposes. Louisiana Tech University does not handle art sales. Any inquiries will be forwarded to the artist.
• Media is open, but work must be two dimensional, ready to hang on wall with wire or cleats. Unusual hanging or installation methods must be approved. Video works need to be high quality DVD.
• Work should not exceed 60" in width or 84" in height (including frame).
• Work must not exceed 50 lbs.
• Accepted artists must sign an Exhibition Contract.
• LA Tech reserves the right to reproduce submitted images for all media and publicity purposes.
• LA Tech reserves the right to reject work that differs from submitted images/videos.
Artists are responsible for shipping both ways. Work must be packed in sturdy, reusable boxes with proper protection (at least 1 inch of packing material between box and artwork). Return shipping must be prepaid and enclosed with artwork. Do not use packing peanuts. Louisiana Tech University is not responsible for any damage incurred in transit. Shipping insurance is encouraged.
• No more than 5 entries are allowed.
• A non-refundable submission fee of $30 for up to 3 entries or $35 for 5 entries is required. Submission fees must be paid online at the time of entry.
• There will be two submission areas at artlatech.slideroom.com, allowing individuals to choose between submitting 3 or 5 images. Choose the submission that reflects the number of entries you wish to submit; artists cannot submit to both.
• Online entry must be complete to be accepted. Submission via artlatech.slideroom.com will serve as artist's signature and agreement to all terms and conditions. Accepted artists will also receive an exhibition agreement at a later date.
• Application materials must be received via artlatech.slideroom.com no later than 11.59 pm on Sunday, January 2, 2011.
• Communication regarding acceptance to the exhibition will be via email. Please do not call or email for acceptance updates.
additional assistance and details for image preparation can be found athttp://slideroom.zendesk.com
Suggested image settings for best possible quality and ease of viewing for juror:
• .jpg file format
• sRGB color profile
• 1024 x 768 pixels for image files
• 640 pixels on longest edge for video files
• 72 ppi resolution
• image submissions should not be larger than 5 mb per file
• video submissions should be .mov or .wmv file format not exceeding 5 minute
Best in Show: $500 + a solo exhibition at LA Tech in 2012
Juror's Choice: $300
School of Art-Louisiana Tech University P.O. Box 3175, 1 Mayfield Street
Ruston, LA 71272